Everyone Loves Chip!
- Chip is easy to build for all skill levels, especially beginners.
- Chip encourages exploration and play.
- Chip can be used to learn other skills, such as programming.
- Chip is fun.
- Chip is educational and builds S.T.E.A.M. Skills.
- Chip plugs in Arduino
- Chip works standalone in the Pixel Power battery base.
- Chip plugs into breadboards
Many soldering kits do not offer anything more than a battery and a LED. Once completed, those kits end up in a drawer, never to be used again. At the other end of the spectrum, there are electronic kits that are really interesting but have so many parts that they are intimidating for beginners. That is why we designed Chip to be simple to assemble and interactive when complete.
Chip Builds S.T.E.M / S.T.E.A.M Skills
STEAM is an acronym for Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math education. STEAM is about developing innovators and critical thinkers. It is about real world learning.
In the real world, content knowledge is interwoven and layered, not isolated. STEAM curriculum focuses on collaboration, cooperation, and communication through project-based cross subject learning. In the real world, for example, baking a cake requires one to use math, science, and art to accomplish the task.
Chip, is designed with these STEAM foundations in mind. Chip builds on skills sets and grows from an instructional electronics kit, to a soldering skill builder, to a tool to teach and learn programming with.