This is a simple water sensor that can be used to detect soil moisture and help you keep your favorite plants happy. Connect it to an Arduino and you can read the analog values, or just recieve the Digital High pin indication based on the moisture level you set.
– Operating voltage: 3.3V~5V
– Dual output mode – Digital or Analog – analog output more accurate
– Fixed bolt hole for easy installation
– Power indicator (red) and digital switching output indicator (green)
– LM393 comparator chip, stable
– Panel PCB Dimension: Approx.3cm x 1.5cm
– Soil Probe Dimension: Approx. 6cm x 3cm
– Cable Length: Approx.21cm
DO: digital output interface(0 and 1)
AO: analog output interface
Soil moisture module is sensitive to the ambient humidity and is generally used to detect the moisture content of soil. The Digital Out port will set to high when the the soil humidity exceeds a set threshold value.
The digital output can be connected directly to an Arduino to detect high and low by the microcontroller to detect soil moisture. The digital outputs DO can directly drive the buzzer module, which can be used as a soil moisture alarm equipment. Analog output AO and AD module connected through the AD converter, you can get more precise values of soil moisture sent to an Arduino.